Here at Your Holiday Claims we work on a no win no fee basis, acting under a Conditional Fee Agreement.
If your claim is accepted on a no win no fee basis, we advise you to take out insurance known as After the Event Insurance (ATE) for your benefit and protection.
One of our holiday illness experts will consider the requirements of your individual case and recommend a policy to suit you. It is important to note:
- You will only have to pay the insurance premium if your claim is successful and it is paid at the end of the claim out of the compensation you receive.
- If your claim is unsuccessful you do not have to pay the premium. The insurance will indemnify you in respect of your disbursements and any adverse costs and the premium for the policy will be not be payable.
ATE premiums range from £65.00 to a maximum of £425.00 for cases with a value of up to £25 000. These will be discussed with you and the most suitable policy will be recommended.
If you accept our advice regarding the ATE insurance will make the following guarantees:
- If your claim is successful, all of our costs (including VAT) and expenses (known as disbursements) are paid for by your operator at the end of your claim. Our costs will be limited to the fee we agree with the tour operator.
- If your claim is unsuccessful, you will pay us nothing at all. We simply will not be paid.
- If we have to issue court proceedings, there is a risk that your claim may be unsuccessful or you may have to discontinue your claim. If you have followed our advice regarding insurance, the protection provided by the policy means that you will not have to pay any of your opponent’s legal costs or any of your own disbursements such as the fee for a medical report.
Make a no win no fee claim today
If you have suffered an illness or accident on holiday and would like more information about making a claim for compensation, call Your Holiday Claims on 0330 100 2851 or fill in the online claim form.