In July, Your Holiday Claims reported on illness at the Sonesta Beach in Sharm El Sheikh. Disappointingly holidaymakers appear still to becoming ill.
Complaints have been made on TripAdvisor regarding the food, one holidaymaker said âIf you like food, dont go!â
Others have said that the food was âterribleâ and the cause of the âtravellers diarrhoea,â which they contracted and which continued for six days.
One couple tried the a la carte restaurants at the Sonesta beach and said âthe Casablanca was very nice, but again, the other half had some belly issues after. The Tandoori was also niceâ¦.at a cost.â
Reviewers appear to be disappointed with the hotel and have said âthe hotel is supposed to be a 5 star, it is 2-3 star at best in my opinion.â
Holidaymakers have suggested âa new menu, food hygiene course for the chefs and new equipment at the buffet restaurants.â
Anne Thomson, Head of Travel Law at Your Holiday Claims said: âIt is essential the hotelier and tour operators take note of the reports and investigate what is being said. They need to revisit their hygiene procedures to minimise the risk of future outbreaks.â
âI would urge anyone who has become ill at the Sonesta Beach to contact Your Holiday Claims for advice on how to make a claim.â
Are you still on holiday at the Sonesta Beach? If so:
- Seek prompt medical attention, and ensure that you receive a copy of your medical record.
- Keep receipts for anything you purchase in relation to your illness.
- Report the issue to the representative and the hotel and take a copy of your complaint.
- If possible take photographic evidence to support your claims, showing any health and safety concerns.
If you have returned and are still suffering illness:
- Â Book an appointment to see your GP and provide a stool sample if asked to do so.
- Seek legal advice from one of our holiday illness experts.
- Do not accept any compensation offered by your tour operator. They often undervalue claims and if you attempt to deal with them directly, you may accept a woefully inadequate offer.
Â Why choose us?
Your Holiday Claims have over 50 years experience in this area of law and have helped hundreds of holidaymakers receive compensation after they have been ill on holiday. Only by seeking independent legal advice can you rest assured that you receive the appropriate amount of compensation. You can be confident that by choosing Your Holiday Claims, you will receive a first-class service. We are one of the UKs leading holiday claims specialists and we are committed to obtaining the best possible outcome for your claim.
Â Claim the compensation you may be entitled to â start your claim today
If you have been affected by the outbreak of illness at the Sonesta Beach, call our helpline today on 0330 100 2851 and speak directly to a highly qualified, experienced holiday illness expert.
Alternatively, if you would like to arrange a call back request, simply complete the online contact form on our website and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
- Sonesta Beach Resort and Casino âwas like being in a prisonâ
- Holidaymakers âviolently illâ at the Sonesta Beach Resort