Your Holiday Claims have previously reported on a succession of on-going issues at the Stil Victoria Playa, Menorca. Once again we have read reports on TripAdvisor regarding the dreaded âsickness bug.â
It seems that the same issues are arising which, in many of the cases we are dealing with, include bad food hygiene and general cleanliness practices. Holidaymakers have witnessed children being sick in the dining area and have noted that hygiene practices require more attention at the Stil Victoria Playa.
Holidaymakers have reported to us that the tour operator, Thomson, appear to be burying their heads in the sand as they are still âmaking no referenceâ to the âbugâ at welcome meetings. One guest commented âthe reps were playing down the bug, which was almost laughable.â
There have also been new reports of âbird droppingsâ at the hotel and in the dining area.
Anne Thomson, Head of Travel Law at Your Holiday Claims, comments: âIt is important that the hotel and Thomson take control of the situation at the Stil Victoria Playa.
âBird droppings can cause an illness calledÂ Campylobacteriosis, this can be passed through bird faecal contamination. Symptoms of this infection include diarrhoea, fatigue and weight loss.â
Are you still on holiday at the Stil Victoria Playa?Â If so here are some tips to help you:
- Immediately seek medical attention, ensuring you receive a copy of your medical record.
- Keep any receipts for anything you purchase in relation to your illness.
- Report the issue to the representative and take a copy of the complaint.
- If possible take photographic evidence to support your claims, showing any health and safety concerns.
Have you returned and still suffering illness?
- Book an appointment to see your GP when you return. You may need to provide a stool sample.
- Contact your tour operator to lodge a complaint and keep copies of any correspondence you receive.
- You may be entitled to compensation. In the UK, the law entitles British holidaymakers to make a claim against the tour operator for illness suffered abroad.
- To ensure you receive the maximum compensation you may be entitled to, its important to seek legal advice and speak directly to a holiday illness expert.
- Tour operators are notorious for undervaluing claims. If you attempt to deal with the tour operator directly, you may accept a woefully inadequate offer.
- By seeking independent legal advice you can rest assured that your claim will be maximised. Anne Thomson, Head of Travel Law, at Your Holiday Claims has over 30 years experience in this area of law and has helped hundreds of holidaymakers to receive compensation for illness suffered abroad. Anne and the team at Your Holiday Claims have also grown into one of the UKs most reputable holiday illness claims specialists. Therefore you can rest assured and be confident that you will receive the best possible outcome for your claim.
Stil Victoria Playa Hotel holiday illness compensation claims
If you have had your hard earned holiday ruined and been affected by the outbreak of illness at the Stil Victoria Playa Hotel, call our helpline today on 0330 100 2851Â to speak directly to a highly qualified, experienced holiday illness expert.
Alternatively, if you would like to arrange a call back request, simply complete the online contact form on our website and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.