In July 2014 Your Holiday Claims reported on guests becoming ill at the Holiday Village Algarve and we are becoming increasingly worried after reading reports of yet more illness on TripAdvisor.
Holidaymakers have commented on the “truly terrible sick bug” which left guests experiencing sickness diarrhoea, chills and aches.
Guests have reported that the swimming pool was not chlorinated or cleaned once during their stay with one guest stating that the reviews regarding the swimming pools were “terrifying” considering that was where their children spent most of their time.
Tracy Stansfield, an experienced solicitor at Your Holiday Claims said: “Unfortunately, it would appear that a number of First Choice Holiday Villages have been hit by sickness outbreaks this summer. The management have to have a very close look at the hygiene practices and procedures which they have in place at all of the Holiday Villages to ensure that they are followed. Any failures, especially where so many guests are being catered for, can lead to widespread outbreaks of illness very quickly. If any failures are not identified and dealt with, then the outbreaks will keep reoccurring.”
“I would urge anyone who has fallen ill at any of the Holiday Village Algarve to contact Your Holiday Claims for advice on how to claim compensation.”
If you are you at the Holiday Village Algarve and suffering illness:
- Seek medical attention immediately, and ensure that you receive a copy of your medical records.
- Keep receipts for anything you purchase in relation to your illness.
- Report the issue to the representative and the hotel and take a copy of your complaint.
- If possible take photographic evidence to support your claims, showing any health and safety concerns.
If you have returned and are still suffering illness:
- Book an appointment to see your GP and provide a stool sample if asked to do so.
- Seek legal advice from one of our holiday illness experts.
- Do not accept any compensation offered by your tour operator. They often undervalue claims and if you attempt to deal with them directly, you may accept a woefully inadequate offer.
Why choose us?
We are one of the UK’s leading holiday claims specialists and we are committed to obtaining the best possible outcome for your claim. By seeking independent legal advice you can rest assured that you will receive the appropriate amount of compensation. Your Holiday Claims have over 50 years’ experience in this area of law and have helped hundreds of holidaymakers recover compensation after they have been ill on holiday. You can be confident that by choosing Your Holiday Claims, you will receive a first-class service.
Claim the compensation you may be entitled to – start your claim today
If you have been affected by the outbreak of illness at the Holiday Village Algarve, call our helpline today on 0330 100 2851 and speak directly to a highly qualified, experienced holiday illness expert.
Alternatively, if you would like to arrange a call back request, simply complete the online contact form on our website and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.