At Your Holiday Claims we have received more enquiries from s British holidaymaker who have fallen ill at the Sea Club Aqua Park in Egypt.
Other visitors to the hotel reported on line that family members had contracted cryptosporidium. This is thought to be a result of the poor standards of cleanliness within the hotels swimming pools.
Many have commented on TripAdvisor that faeces were regularly found in the pool forcing its closure. However, some believed the cleaning processes that followed to be inadequate.
One hotel guest commented: âThe pool would be closed for a short amount of time. Not enough time for checks to take place to ensure that the swimming pool water would be safe to re-enter, in fact no checks were done at all.â
âThis led to my children and I coming down with a very contagious bug, cryptosporidiosis, they have had this for over two weeks now.â
Anne Thomson, Head of Travel Law at Your Holiday Claims, commented: âWe are concerned by the reports of holidaymakers contracting cryptosporidiosis at the Sea Club Aqua Park.
âInfection can occur when drinking water or recreational (swimming pool) water which has been contaminated by the parasite cryptosporidium.â
âIt is vital that the high standards of cleanliness and hygiene are implemented and maintained in order to prevent any further outbreaks of infection.
âI hope that the tour operators and hotel management will investigate the reports of illness in order to ensure that more guests do not become ill.â
Contact Your Holiday Claims
If you have fallen ill on holiday at the Sea Club Aqua Park, contact Your Holiday Claims today.
Our dedicated holiday claims team has over 50 years combined experience within the travel law industry. They have the background knowledge and expertise to help you obtain the best possible outcome for your claim.
To receive a free, no obligation initial consultation, call today on 0330 100 2851Â or simply complete the online contact form for a quick call-back.