Two months ago we reported on guests being ill at the Lykia World and it would seem that the âsickness bugâ is still affecting holidaymakers.
Guests to the Lykia World have posted on TripAdvisor that the hotel was âovercrowded and dirty.â
They have said âhygiene does not existâ and they witnessed children vomiting at dinner.
Reports appear to suggest that Thomas Cook are denying that there is a âsickness bugâ at the hotel, but with more and more guests falling ill with diarrhoea and vomiting, it is going to become increasingly difficult to ignore the problem.
Anne Thomson, Head of Travel Law at Your Holiday Claims said: âIt is crucial that Thomas Cook acknowledge that there is an issue and that they work with the management to investigate the possible cause. Any delay in doing so could potentially put the health of other guests at risk.â
âIt is not unreasonable for holidaymakers to expect that the food and hygiene standards in their hotel are such that they will not become ill. Hotel management should ensure that all members of staff are fully trained in all aspects of international food hygiene.â
Are you still on holiday at the Lykia World?Â If so here are some tips to help you:
- Immediately seek medical attention, ensuring you receive a copy of your medical records.
- Keep any receipts for anything you purchase in relation to your illness.
- Report the issue to the representative and take a copy of the complaint.
- If possible take photographic evidence to support your claims, showing any health and safety concerns.
Have you returned and still suffering illness?
- Book an appointment to see your GP when you return. You may need to provide a stool sample.
- You may be entitled to compensation. In the UK, the law permits British holidaymakers to make a claim against their tour operator for illness suffered abroad.
- To ensure you receive the maximum compensation you may be entitled to, it is important to seek legal advice and speak directly to a holiday illness expert.
- Tour operators are notorious for undervaluing claims. If you attempt to deal with the tour operator directly, you may accept a woefully inadequate offer.
- By seeking independent legal advice you can rest assured that your claim will be maximised. Anne Thomson, Head of Travel Law, at Your Holiday Claims has over 30 years experience in this area of law and the team at Your Holiday Claims are one of the UKs most reputable holiday illness claims departments. You can be confident that you will receive the best possible outcome for your claim.
Lykia World holiday illness compensation claims
If you have been affected by illness and had your holiday at the Lykia World ruined, call our helpline today on 0330 100 2851Â to speak directly to a highly qualified, experienced holiday illness expert.
Alternatively, if you would like to arrange a call back request, simply complete the online contact form on our website and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.