Guests have reported suffering from diarrhoea and stomach bugs whilst staying at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
Tour operator, Thomson, promote Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort as a Platinum Lifestyle destination.
The location is desired for its private beach and jetty, which includes a diving school.
The Thomson overview states âThis place gives you huge choices of places to eatâ with the Blue Bays dining range, compromising three Ã¡ la carte: al-fresco Italian, a gourmet French and a Middle-Eastern restaurant as well as the main buffet, serving a range of hot and cold food between breakfast and dinner time.
However, it would appear that all is not well with one holiday maker saying:
âFrom day two of our eleven night holiday, my wife and I were struck with severe diarrhoeaâ claimed one holidaymaker. âWe were prescribed antibiotics from the pharmacist after other remedies had failed to relieve us.â
Another holidaymaker reported âplenty of food choice, but I suffered a bad stomach for most of my holidayâ.
Criticisms were also cast on the main restaurant, stating it was âmore like a school canteen rather than a 5 star hotelâ.
Sewage was also reported, âAs we left our room, we could smell sewage as we were exploring the hotel grounds, this continued throughout our stayâ.
On a separate occasion, another guest claimed âWhilst walking past standard rooms, I can only describe what I thought was an open sewage drain.â He continues âthe smell was overpowering and my wife and I couldnt get past quick enoughâ.
Experienced travel law solicitor Tracy Stansfield commented on reports âIts disheartening to learn of guests becoming ill on holidayâ.
âI trust Thomson and hotel management at the Resort will conduct a full health and hygiene inspection to resolve these issues, and ensure that there is no repetition of these reportsâ.
If you are currently staying at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, Sharm El Sheikh and are suffering from illness:
- Seek Medical attention at the Resort
- Report any issues to your hotel representative or management
- Take photographic evidence
- Keep receipts of any purchases that may relate to your illness
- Keep documentation, including complaints, medical records and photographs
If you are suffering illness on return home:
- Consult with your GP at the earliest instance
- DO NOT accept compensation via the hotel or tour operator â this could result in an inadequate offer
- Contact our legal team specialists who have over 50 years experience in travel law.
Why choose us?
We are one of the UKs leading holiday claim specialists with over 50 years experience in travel law. We have settled claims for hundreds of holiday makers who have contracted illness whilst on holiday and we are committed in providing you with the best possible outcome.
Furthermore, we have successfully settled claims for holiday illness at this resort, helping stricken guests receive thousands in compensation. But don’t just take our word for it, check out our Reef Oasis Blue Bay success stories:
- £1,435 compensation after gastroenteritis ruins holiday at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
- Thomson customer receives £2,000 compensation payout with help you Your Holiday Claims
- Husband and wife recover £6,200 in damages following ruined 20th wedding anniversary celebrations in Sharm el Sheikh
Claim the compensation you may be entitled to â today
If you have suffered any illness at Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, call us today to speak with one of our holiday illness expert advisors on 0330 100 2851
Alternatively you can complete our online contact form and one of our highly qualified holiday illness experts will call you back as soon as possible.