How can I prevent getting ill abroad?
Holidays can be ruined due to illness contracted abroad. Symptoms can be unpleasant and can include sickness, stomach cramps, diarrhoea and fever.
To ensure you get the most out of your holiday and are not confined to your room, follow our prevention guide below:
- Always stand up and stretch while on the flight every hour or so.
- Keep hydrated and try to avoid alcoholic beverages
- In order to avoid jet lag, sleep on the flight or get an early night when you arrive at your hotel.
- Take care when eating meat or fish, ensuring they are thoroughly cooked and piping hot.
- Be careful when consuming salads, raw vegetables and fruit; enquire as to whether they have been washed in bottle or tap water.
- Keep hydrated – drink bottled water and hot drinks.
- Wash your hands frequently to prevent the spread of bacteria
- Always use the hand sanitizer provided
- Drink tap water
- Take ice in your drink
- Brush your teeth with tap water
- Consume food that has been kept warm or inadequately reheated
And most importantly remember to have a fantastic holiday!
Contact us today
Call our helpline on 0330 100 2851 to speak directly to a holiday illness claims specialist.
Alternatively, if you wish to request a call back, simply complete the online contact form on our website and will be in touch with you as soon as possible.