If you have fallen ill whilst on holiday abroad, it is much easier than you think to bring a holiday illness claim against the tour operator.
Holidays should be a joyous time of year for the whole family, but if you suffer a holiday illness through no fault of your own you are entitled to claim compensation in the UK.
At Your Holiday Claims, we have recover millions of pounds worth of compensation for British holidaymakers every year and are here to help you receive the compensation you deserve, including any financial losses you have suffered too.
Causes of holiday illness abroad
Typical causes of holiday illness abroad include:
- Food which has not been stored, handled or cooked correctly
- Poor hygiene standards in hotel kitchens and restaurants and on board cruise ships
- Cross contamination of food when raw products come into contact with cooked food
- Faecal contamination of swimming pool water which is then ingested
- The consumption of local tap water or ice made with local tap water in drinks
How much compensation you could be entitled to
The amount of compensation you could be entitled to after suffering holiday illness depends largely on the severity of your illness and how it has affected your life.
Our holiday illness claims solicitors have vast experience of helping holidaymakers who have suffered illness or injury during a holiday abroad, and once they have assessed your claim they will be able to give you a good idea of how much it is worth.
Our aim is to give you a clear indication of the amount in compensation you can expect to receive and will recover the maximum compensation due to you as quickly as possible.
How to make a successful claim for holiday illness or food poisoning abroad
In order to make a successful claim for holiday illness or food poisoning abroad, holidaymakers should always:
- Keep all medical receipts and prescriptions
- Report your illness to the hotel reception
- Take video or photographic evidence if relevant of unhygienic conditions, poor food hygiene etc.
- Report your illness in writing to the hotel representative of the tour operator and insist on a written report being completed. Retain a copy of this for your own records.
- Keep a diary of the dates and times that you became ill and list your symptoms
- Keep the contact details of any other holidaymakers who have suffered the same illness as you in the same hotel as this may strengthen your claim
- Refuse any offer of vouchers or compensation from the tour operator and contact Your Holiday Claims as soon as possible
How Your Holiday Claims can help you
If you have suffered a holiday illness in a package hotel abroad, please contact us for free information about claiming compensation.
The expert solicitors at Your Holiday Claims have over 50 years’ combined experience in travel law. They have the background knowledge and expertise to help you obtain the best possible outcome for your claim.
If you have fallen ill on holiday, get the holiday illness claim advice you need by calling 0330 100 2851.
Or, if you don’t have time talk right now, you can complete our online holiday claim contact form.