Here, at Your Holiday Claims we have been reading reports on TripAdvisor of holidaymakers falling ill at the Monte Carlo Sharm El Sheikh
The Monte Carlo Sharm El Sheikh is a 4 star property promoted by Thomson Worldwide amongst others. The hotel is located fifteen minutes from Na’ama Bay and consists of five restaurants, five swimming pools, three bars and a wellness centre.
Although some guests have said that first impressions of the hotel were “very good” others were “bitterly disappointed” on arrival.
Reports appear to suggest that there is a “stomach bug” present at the hotel and reviewers have said it is a “cause for concern.”
Holidaymakers have noted that there were a “few issues over the heat of dishes” during their stay. This was reported to the management and although the food was investigated forty minutes after being served, it was then allowed to cool as the sitting continued.
A family who became unwell at the hotel said “it is hardly a five star!” after being served undercooked pasta with tomato sauce. They said “to top off our poor experience myself, husband and young son all become unwell.”
Visitors to the hotel have complained of suffering from “bouts of sickness and diarrhoea” and have said they are unsure as to whether their illness was caused by “water or food.”
One couple said “my partner suffered diarrhoea from the third day of our stay and is on antibiotics at home.” Whilst on holiday they “befriended ten British guests” who also suffered “sickness and diarrhoea.”
Tracy Stansfield, an experienced solicitor at Your Holiday Claims said: “The reports appear to suggest that the source of illness has not yet been identified and until it is, the management have of no way of ensuring that further illness will not occur.”
“It is reassuring that hotel management have carried out some investigations into the temperature of food being served but it would appear from reports that a more in-depth investigation is required.”
“The tour operators and hotel management should ensure that all members of staff are fully trained in all aspects of international hygiene standards on order that high standards are maintained.”
Are you still on holiday at the Monte Carlo Sharm El Sheikh? If so:
- Immediately seek medical attention, ensuring you receive a copy of your medical records.
- Keep any receipts for anything you may purchase in relation to your illness.
- Report the issue to the representative and take a copy of the complaint.
- If possible take photographic evidence to support your claims, showing any health and safety concerns.
Have you returned?
- Book and appointment to see your GP when you return. You may need to provide a stool sample.
- You may be entitled to compensation. In the UK, the law permits British holidaymakers to make a claim against their tour operator for illness suffered abroad.
- In order to ensure you receive the maximum compensation you may be entitled to, it is important to seek legal advice and speak directly to a holiday illness expert.
- Tour operators are notorious for undervaluing claims. If you attempt to deal with the tour operator directly, you may accept a woefully inadequate offer.
Why choose us?
Only by seeking independent legal advice you can rest assured that your claim will be properly valued. The team at Your Holiday Claims has over 50 years’ experience in this area of travel law and are one of the UK’s most reputable holiday claims departments. You can be confident that you will receive the best possible outcome.
Monte Carlo Sharm El Sheikh Holiday illness compensation claims
If you have fallen ill at the Monte Carlo Sharm El Sheikh, call our helpline today on 0330 100 2851 to speak directly to a highly qualified, experienced holiday illness expert.
Alternatively, if you would like to arrange a call back request, simply complete the online contact form on our website and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.