We have received an enquiry from a family who suffered illness whilst on holiday at the Sea Gardens in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt.
They have reported that all members fell ill whilst at the hotel and one family member was placed on a drip. Unfortunately their symptoms have continued two weeks after returning to the UK.
The Sea Gardens is a 4 star all inclusive hotel promoted by Monarch amongst others. The property is located in Nabq Bay and has access to its own private beach. Facilities at the hotel include swimming pool, buffet and a la carte restaurants and bar.
This is the same hotel where our holiday illness solicitors helped a Reading family of 4 receive £6,240 in total compensation after stomach cramps, sickness and diarrhoea plagued their stay.
Guests at the Sea Gardens have made complaints on TripAdvisor regarding the food served stating “the main let down for the hotel was the food.”
The food has been described as “terrible, repetitive and bland.”
One couple said that they ate in the beach restaurant and commented: “the food wasn’t very nice.”
The gentleman continued: “The food at the pool bar equally wasn’t good.”
“As the restaurants were outside the birds were eating off the serving spoons and picking at the pizza so not very attractive.”
Tracy Stansfield, an experienced holiday illness compensation solicitor at Your Holiday Claims, said: “I hope that the hotel management and tour operators promoting this hotel acknowledge the complaints made.”
“It is essential that an investigation is carried out to locate the possible source.”
Are you still on holiday and suffering illness at the Sea Gardens? If so here are some tips to help you:
- Immediately seek medical attention, ensuring you receive a copy of your medical record.
- Keep receipts for anything you purchase in relation to your illness.
- Report the issue to the representative and hotel and take a copy of the complaint.
Have you returned and still suffering illness?
- Book an appointment to see your GP when you return. You may need to provide a stool sample.
- To ensure you receive the maximum compensation you may be entitled to, it’s important to seek legal advice and speak directly to a holiday illness expert.
- Tour operators are notorious for undervaluing claims. If you attempt to deal with the tour operator directly, you may accept a woefully inadequate offer.
Why choose us?
Anne Thomson and her team have over 50 years’ combined experience in this area of law and you can rest assured that, if you instruct Your Holiday Claims to handle your case, your claim will be properly valued and your compensation maximised.
You can be confident that, by choosing Your Holiday Claims, you will receive an unrivalled service resulting in the best possible outcome for your claim.
Claim the compensation you may be entitled to – start your claim today
If you have had your holiday ruined due to illness at the Sea Gardens, call our helpline today on 0330 100 2851 to speak directly to a highly qualified, experienced holiday illness expert.
Alternatively, if you would like to arrange a call back request, simply complete the online contact form on our website and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.