If you have been affected by food poisoning abroad in the last 3 years, you may be able to make a successful no win no fee claim for compensation.
A common question we’re asked here at Your Holiday Claims is “Can I claim compensation for food poisoning abroad?”. Holidaymakers often save all year for their two weeks in the sun. Holidays are a time to relax and unwind and yet every year many holidays are spoilt due to holidaymakers contracting food poisoning.
Symptoms of food poisoning
Symptoms of food poisoning can be very unpleasant, especially in young children and can consist of:
- Stomach cramps
Causes of food poisoning abroad
There are many causes of food poisoning many of which can be avoided if hotels follow strict international recognised food hygiene standards. If these standards are allowed to lapse then it can lead to an outbreak of illness amongst guests.
The most common causes of food poisoning include:
- Undercooked food
- Incorrect storage of food
- Failure to handle and prepare food properly
What you should do if you contract food poisoning abroad
- Seek prompt medical attention if you become ill and ensure that you receive a copy of your medical records.
- Keep receipts for anything you purchase in relation to your illness.
- Report the issue to the representative and take a copy of the complaint.
- If possible take photographic evidence to support your claims, showing any health and safety concerns.
What you should do if you are still suffering on your return to the UK
- Book an appointment to see your GP when you return, you may need to provide a stool sample.
- If you or a family member has suffered food poisoning whilst abroad on a package holiday then you are entitled to claim compensation, pursuant to the Package Travel Regulations 1992.
- Seek legal advice from a holiday illness expert.
Claim the compensation you may be entitled to – start your claim today
If you have been affected by food poisoning and had your holiday ruined, call our helpline today on 0330 100 2851 to speak directly to a highly qualified, experienced holiday illness expert.
If you would like fast action to get your case going, don’t hesitate to go online and begin your food poisoning holiday illness claim.
Alternatively, if you would like to arrange a call back request, simply complete the online contact form on our website and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.