Unfortunately, every year British holidaymakers suffer accidents on balconies whilst on holiday abroad.
Often the accident may be caused by a faulty or unsafe balcony. However, there are steps a holidaymaker can take to help prevent the risk of an accident occurring.
- Always check the construction of a balcony to ensure that it is safe
- Do not sit on or lean over balcony rails
- Never leave children unattended on balconies
- Do not climb from one balcony to another
- If you have any reservations regarding the safety of a balcony, inform the hotel management or a tour operator representative and ask to be moved to another room
- Take photographs of anything that is a cause for concern – this may help to support any subsequent claim.
Despite taking best precautions, accidents on holiday can happen. If you have suffered an accident abroad, contact Your Holiday Claims for advice on the merits of making a claim.
Can I make a claim?
You are entitled to pursue a holiday accident claim within three years of the accident date. However, the sooner a claim is started the better.
Liability has to be established and it is always important to obtain evidence where possible. Witness details, photographic evidence and medical evidence including details of treatment from a GP can all help to build a strong case.
Why choose us?
At Your Holiday Claims we have over 50 years’ combined experience within the travel law industry. Our holiday claims specialists are always on hand to answer any questions you may have on the process of making
We accept most claims on a no win no fee basis. This means that you can bring a claim for compensation without the risk of being left out of pocket. For more information on our no win no fee policy, take a look at our no win no fee holiday claims page.
Contact us today
To receive a free, no obligation initial consultation, call free on 0330 100 2851 or simply complete the online contact form to arrange a quick call-back.
If you have suffered injuries as a result of any type of accident on holiday, please visit our accident abroad claims page for more information on how we can help you make a no win, no fee holiday accident claim.