A group of British holidaymakers had to be evacuated from their hotel in Turkey after a generator ignited and smoke could be smelt throughout the hotel.
The holidaymakers were staying at the Baia Lara Hotel in Antalya in July, 2013. One hotel guest suffered a knee injury after hurting himself while escaping down an unlit fire exit.
According to reports there was no emergency lighting in hotel corridors and guests had to evacuate in pitch darkness.
At least one person was said to have been taken away in an ambulance and treated for smoke inhalation.
Anne Thomson,Â Head of Travel Law at YourHolidayClaims, a division of Farnworth Rose solicitors said: âThis type of incident is terrifying for everyone involved and could easily have turned into a tragedy. The tour operators should carry out an urgent investigation to ensure this never happens again.
âAnyone who has suffered an accident or injury as a result of the negligence of the tour operator or hotel should contact us as soon as possible.â
Contact our Holiday Accident and Illness Claims Department
If you have suffered an accident, injury or illness whilst on holiday at the Baia Lara Hotel, we will help you to claim the maximum compensation for your holiday accident that you deserve. We will also help you to successfully claim compensation for any financial loss or out of pocket expenses that you have incurred too, including any costs of medical care, treatment and travel expenses.
Speak to one of our friendly holiday illness solicitors today to find out how much your claim may be worth, call 0330 100 2851.
Or, you can start your claim online by completing our holiday accident claim form.