Three weeks ago we reported on illness at the Grand Hotel and it would appear that illness is still affecting holidaymakers.
Guests at the Grand Hotel have posted reviews on TripAdvisor stating “when we arrived we were impressed with the appearance, regretfully that is where the hotel ceased to impress.”
A couple commented that “the hotel needs deep clean.” They said that upon arrival to their room they were “overcome by an almighty stench” and the bathroom was “disgusting, the shower was green with mould, rusted and broken.”
Another couple said “one of my gripes was the cleanliness and lack of toilet rolls and hand wash in the public toilets. This was totally unacceptable especially as I spent 36 hours in bed with a terrible upset gut!!”
Others have noted that the food was “tasteless” and “repetitive” and one guest said that they were “served raw pizza,” which she thought had caused her partner to become “quite poorly with a “bad tummy.”
Anne Thomson, Head of Travel Law at Your Holiday Claims comments: “It is crucial tour operators acknowledge that there is an issue at the Grand Hotel and they work alongside hotel management to investigate the source.”
“It is not an unreasonable request for holidaymakers to expect that adequate hygiene standards are in place to prevent illness occurring. It is important that all staff undergo comprehensive hygiene training and that standards are maintained in order to minimise the risk of illness.”
If you are you at the Grand Hotel and suffering illness:
- Seek medical attention immediately, and ensure that you receive a copy of your medical records.
- Keep all receipts for anything you purchase in relation to your illness.
- Report the issue to the representative and the hotel and take a copy of your complaint.
- If possible take photographic evidence to support your claims, showing any health and safety concerns.
If you have returned and are still suffering illness:
- Book an appointment to see your GP when you return. You may need to provide a stool sample.
- Seek legal advice from one of our holiday illness experts.
- Do not accept any compensation offered by your tour operator. They often undervalue claims and if you attempt to deal with them directly, you may accept a woefully inadequate offer.
Why choose us?
We are one of the UK’s leading holiday claims specialists and we are committed to obtaining the best possible outcome for your claim. By seeking independent legal advice you can rest assured that you will receive the appropriate amount of compensation. Your Holiday Claims have over 50 years’ experience in this area of law, therefore you can be confident that by choosing Your Holiday Claims, you will receive a first-class service.
Claim the compensation you may be entitled to – start your claim today
If you have been affected by the outbreak of illness at the Grand Hotel, call our helpline today on 0330 100 2851 and speak directly to a highly qualified, experienced holiday illness expert.
Alternatively, if you would like to arrange a call back request, simply complete the online contact form on our website and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.